Wednesday, July 03, 2013

World Cup - Liptovsky Mikulas


With racing out of the way the team managed to hang around and watch the finals, try new boats and have a couple of easier days.  Ella, Shaun and Anna headed off to check out Salzburg whilst Ben, Malcolm and I went out for a traditional German meal. Malcolm even said it was almost as much meat as a home cooked farm meal. 



We then had a pretty long haul drive from Augsburg to Liptovsky Mikulas. On the way we called into Bratislava for a traditional Slovak meal and a much needed stretch of the legs. We all met up in Liptovsky to our accommodation which is just outside of town and pretty good considering the other options. Today everyone got on the water for the first time and I shot a couple of photos in the morning followed up by a 1/4s session in the evening. 

Comments From World Cup #2 and their first session at Liptovsky

Shaun
No Comment

Ella
Augsburg race was fustrating but fun! Liptovsky course seems cool so far.

Ben
Litptovsky seems like a typical Slovak town, course is pretty different to Augsburg, looking forward to exploring more around here.

Anna
The World Cup was a great experience for me and I enjoyed racing and training with top paddlers from all around the world. Not getting my boat was a disappointment but the test boat Galasport gave me did the trick. My first run on the course had some good bits but overall was pretty average. I managed to improve in my second run and was happy with how I had done at the end of the day. Overall I enjoyed the atmosphere of the World Cup and loved the experience of being involved in it. 
I finally have my boat now, which is super exciting and had my first session in it at Liptovsky today. The river is very fun and even though my boat has its first lot of scratches from the rocks I highly enjoyed the session.

Malcolm

Augsburg " The Friday qualifications was stress full as I was expecting. There were some really talented paddlers from other countries which I found quite intimidating in the start pool. I liked the course and I liked how I paddled parts. Unfortunately I didn't put together a whole run that was good but i can notch that up to experience, and use it to motivate me more when I am training so I can become consistent" 
Lipto " Liptovsky is by far a lot easier than Augsburg. It doesn't surge as much and you get more consistent water the whole way down. How ever it has it's own challenges and I am really struggling at the bottom to carry my boat speed so I can do the upstreams well. The club house is awesome! Maybe we could sort some thing like that at the lagoon!!"


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool photos , great to have some info although I see Shaun still a man of few words!
Lou