Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Racing over...here comes the big stuff.

I'm sitting in a really nice raft base by the mighty Ottawa river. Kelly and Anna tell me they have put on their MAN PANTS and we're off big water paddling for the day. We have a day of plastic boating coming up with big surf waves and holes and a bucket of fun I'm sure.......more later

Yesterday we had a great day of racing at the pumphouse slalom in Central Ottawa. Plenty of borrowed boats but everyone had ok and the sun was blazing so lots of sunburn too! It was raining in the morning that's why we got caught out!!

Kelly was 2nd junior K1, 2nd junior C1. Laurence brown topped our group followed by Carl Whitehead. I think the adrenalin was running high for Laurence as he found a big hole in the bottom of my new boat that he was racing in. He was very relieved to find out it was there from earlier in the day when it fell off the roof of the van on to my head....thanks for the sympathy bro'!!!

We'll dig the results out later or post a link, just rushing out the door to the river.....

No comments: